Easier to read texts are more likely to get read, shared, linked, ranked. Assess your pages ease of read with a full suite of readability tests. All major reading scores used.
This feature will assist you when performing content audits. It computes readability scores, average readability level, number of words, sentences and characters of a site pages.
Readability Analysis in Visual SEO Studio
You can optionally (recommended) use an XPath expression and restrict the analysis to the content part of the web page, ignoring the boilerplate (navigational menus, header, footer, side panels...).
Readability formulas used for English texts:
- Flesch Reading Ease Score (FRES)
- Flesch-Kincaid grade level
- Gunning's Fog Index
- SMOG index
- Automated Readability Index (ARI)
- Coleman-Liau Index
- and the average of the five aforementioned grading school levels.
Readability formulas used for Italian texts:
Readability formulas used for French texts:
- Kandel-Moles's score
- Szigriszt's "Lisibilité"
Readability formulas used for Spanish texts:
- Fernández Huerta's "Lecturabilidad"
- Szigriszt's "Perspicuidad"
At present the feature is available for texts in English, Italian, French and Spanish.
"Readability Analysis" is available only in the Professional Edition. You can evaluate it for free for 30 days by registering the Trial version.
- Blog article: Visual SEO Studio 1.3 adds Readability, where the Readability Analysis feature was first introduced.
The article gives further details and provides examples of usage.
- Blog article: Readability and Search Engines. Facts, evidences and opinions on how search engines consider the ease of reading.
No registration required