Release Notes for version 0.8.18.41731
Product release notes detail every single modification made on the release. Find out what changed with Visual SEO Studio version 0.8.18.41731
Visual SEO Studio 0.8.18.41731
Published: Tuesday, June 24, 2014
Version 0.8.18 is a feature and stability release.
What follows is a fully detailed Release Notes; for an easier-to-read, non-exhaustive overview with pretty screenshots, please read: Visual SEO Studio 0.8.18 has arrived
- Screenshot taker: now you can stop loading, reload, and optionally specify desired screen resolution.
- Crawl options: implemented "Ignore robots.txt Disallow directives", where one can specify an optional "Spider Trap" path to exclude.
- robots.txt syntax: support for Allow directives.
- robots.txt syntax: support for $ wildcard in Disallow directives.
- robots.txt syntax: support for * wildcard in Disallow directives.
- Screenshot taker, fixed all known issues causing real world crashes.
- Fixed real-world crash occurring when saving screenshot for some pages.
- Fixed real world crash. When loading a crawl session, apparently a progress bar received a change event before it had a window handle ready. An extremely rare event, only two users experienced it in two single instances.
- robots.txt syntax, querystring were not evaluated when matching Disallow directives.
- Localized texts installed for graph component for supported languages (Polish is missing, unfortunately).
- Views, when clicking on a page node and Session side tab is selected, Page Properties side tab will be selected.
- Shot Taker, if the original URL fetched is redirected, the new URL is shown, in blue (but the saved image is associated to the original URL).
- robots.txt syntax - matched Googlebot behaviour (and specs) for case out of original specs: if the value in the directive is missing a leading slash, it is now interpreted as if there it was (e.g. fish/ is equivalent to /fish/)
- robots.txt syntax - matched Googlebot behaviour (and specs) for case out of original specs: when Disallow value is only * wildcard (supported from this release), it is considered equivalent to /*
- HTML/URI/GA Suggestions: now when a description doesn't fit the available space, it is shown truncated with an ellipses, and it's full content can be seen with a tooltip.
- Translations updated and fixed for all languages; UI controls resized to fit them where needed.
- Minor changes to main menu items (ellipses, all languages)
No registration required