Release Notes for version 0.8.4.1001
Product release notes detail every single modification made on the release. Find out what changed with Visual SEO Studio version 0.8.4.1001
Visual SEO Studio 0.8.4.1001
Published: Tuesday, March 5, 2013
This is both a feature-release and a bug-fix release.
What follows is a fully detailed Release Notes; for a quicker non-exhaustive overview with pretty screenshots, please read: Talking about Visual SEO Studio 0.8.4
- Screenshots miniature viewer: Save screenshot and Copy screenshot to clipboard implemented.
You might even call it a fix, since I simply forgot it wasn't there (sorry guys/gals).
- Find Pages dialog: added "Search in HTML" option (by default un-selected).
- URL Suggestions, added report "Canonical not matching Path (Casing only)" for IIS based systems.
- "Give some feedback" option. Permits sending feature requests, report a bug, or make a suggestion to the author directly within the application.
- Sitemap Editor: added checkbox to skip pages whose Canonical URL is different from crawled URL (default is checked). The feature was suggested by a beta tester (thank you J.).
If difference is in casing only, URL is not skipped (in case was due to wrong internal link in IIS served pages).
- FIX of threading issue supposedly responsible of a real world crash submitted by a beta tester (thank you J!). The crash could have occasionally occurred when switching between title and path view during the crawling process.
- HTML and URL suggestions: fixed crash caused by colons (:) in URL paths (invalid in Windows, but used in Unix, though probably not in RFC).
The bug was uncovered internally, no beta tester users were harmed for the fix.
- Fixed crash condition on application closing (never happened to users, no beta tester were harmed for the fix).
- URL suggestions report didn't take into account (sub)domain, so that - for example - root pages with same path but on different sub-domains where listed as dupes.
- Find Pages dialog, minor UI fix.
- HTML and URL suggestions: added Summary tabs, and link "Show summary".
- Start Page now is not closed when loading another project, but updates itself.
- Start Page, added list of Crawl Sessions for the loaded project.
- On change loaded project now Sessions Management view is not closed, just updates its data.
- When choosing a menu option needing to pick a crawl session, if no session were available an empty picker was shown; now a proper warning box appears giving also the chance to launch a new crawl session.
- The unexpected error window now accepts tabs in description text.
- Crawl Session Management: added explanation label; other minor UI improvements.
- Splash: product version with fourth field as in about box.
- Find dialog, option "Search in URL" restated as "Search in URL path" (because that's what it does).
- Find Pages dialog: stubbed "Search in Page Text" (disabled, still unavailable).
No registration required