Release Notes for version 126.96.36.199
Product release notes detail every single modification made on the release. Find out what changed with Visual SEO Studio version 188.8.131.52
Visual SEO Studio 184.108.40.206
Published: Wednesday, May 2, 2018
This is a both a maintenance release and a minor feature release. On the features side, it enriches HTML Suggestions with H1 dedicated reports and - mostly - URL Suggestions with a complete set of new reports dedicated to URL canonicalization.
What follows is a fully detailed Release Notes; for more insights about the release please read: Visual SEO Studio 1.8.2 is here
- URL Suggestions: seven new reports dedicated to URL canonicalization issues added.
- HTML Suggestions basic "first H1" reports (only works for crawls made with VSS 1.6.4 or greater).
Note: these are "low hanging fruits" reports, you can get more H1..H6 complete insights with Data Extraction and Custom Filters features.
Usability / UX:
- URL Suggestions, default report order now rearranged in (pseudo) order of what should normally be looked at first (well kind of, we did also some logical grouping, and priority order always depends on the single case).
- HTML Suggestions, default report order now rearranged in (pseudo) order of what should normally be looked at first (well kind of, we did also some logical grouping, and priority order always depends on the single case).
- Now HTML Suggestions have - initially collapsed - right-pane views (session, properties, content and DOM).
- Now URL Suggestions have - initially collapsed - right-pane views (session, properties, content and DOM).
- Suggestion trees now load more smoothly and with precise percentage progress.
- Pro Trial registration: improved layout, and text rewritten to make it clearer.
- "Insert Activation Code" form: improved layout, and changed a sentence to remove the less readable passive form (EN and IT languages).
- Some menu icons look now sharper and clearer.
Create Sitemap window UI slightly revisited:
crawl session details are now shown in a (initially collapsed) right panel saving vertical space on the left side; controls have been rearranged to more pleasantly align.
- HTML Suggestions: now summary list take all the available vertical space to show as many rows as possible.
- URL Suggestions: now summary list take all the available vertical space to show as many rows as possible.
- Pro Trial evaluation period is now 15 days.
- Community Edition only: now Suggestion Grids - currently only seen in HTML Suggestions in Community Edition - show only a limited number of items.
- Community Edition only: now Suggestion Trees - currently only seen in HTML Suggestions in Community Edition - 1st and 2nd level nodes are limited in number.
- Page Js/Css: now data block scripts are skipped.
- Feature "URL Suggestions" is now available only in the Professional Edition and Pro Trial, and no longer in the Community Edition.
Suggestions tree views: now they load a maximum of 10.000 child nodes under each 1st level node.
This keeps performances acceptable for very large data sets.
- Help menu, added link to Facebook pages of Visual SEO Studio.
- GA Suggestions is now less subject to false positives as it searches for tracking code markers only within script blocks.
Fixed freezing bug which affected "GA Suggestions", "Performance Suggestions" and "hreflang Analysis".
It was triggered by switching to "Session" view, and then selecting a page item.
- Fixed crashing bug which could have occurred to the Find features when meeting an URL "hard to parse" containing square brackets.
A bug in Windows low level graphics code prevents the program to correctly measure the width in pixel of some texts
in Marathi language, and caused the piece of software to crash.
This workaround simply avoids the program to crash, the program gives up correctly measuring those texts for the sake of stability.
Thanks to S.J. who provided us with a project file to reproduce the problem.
Fixed real-world crash occurred to one user: apparently he/she succeeded saving a Data Extraction column set with
empty name bypassing validation, which caused a subsequent crash when the program tried to suggest a column set name.
The fix makes the program robust against the dirty data; we have not been able to reproduce the original root cause bypassing validation.
- Fixed real-world crash occurred to one user: in a corner case a badly formed link crashed the Links Inspector.
- Fixed real-world crash occurred to one user: in a corner case sorting a grid over the URL column caused the program to crash.
- Links Inspector: fixed rare (it occurred to only four users over more than a year) race condition that could have crashed the program while loading links grouped in one of the tree views.
- GA Suggestions: removed performance bug. Now computation is dramatically faster.
Main tabs: context menu items (for English language version only) "Close tab", "Close all but this tab" and "Close all tabs" appeared without text.
This is a regression we had since 1.7.0, sorry guys. Now is fixed at least.
- SERP snippet preview in case of non canonical page was showing the URL of the canonical page (in the future for non canonical cases we will likely decide to point it out, and keep giving a preview "as it would be if the page were canonical").
- URL Suggestions: count of non-canonical pages didn't take into account canonicalized page to a URL differing in casing only.
- HTML Suggestions: duplicate title tags - restricted to the case of canonical pages only - was not case sensitive in computing the canonical.
- HTML Suggestions: duplicate description tags - restricted to the case of canonical pages only - was not case sensitive in computing the canonical.
- Typos fixed (all languages).
- Some button non-English texts did not fit the available horizontal space, and have been split in two lines.
- URL Suggestions: reports named "Canonical not matching Path (Casing only)" and "Canonical not matching Path (Casing only)" renamed to "Canonical not matching URL" and "Canonical not matching URL (Casing only)" as these last names more correctly describe what the reports do (all languages).
- Updated tree view open source component, this brings several minor stability fixes.
No registration required