Release Notes for version 184.108.40.206
Product release notes detail every single modification made on the release. Find out what changed with Visual SEO Studio version 220.127.116.11
Visual SEO Studio 18.104.22.168
Published: Thursday, May 2, 2019
A maintenance release for the Windows version, and an important update for the Mac (beta) version.
- [Mac] Data Extraction feature implemented, aligned to the Windows version.
- [Mac] Custom Filters feature implemented, aligned to the Windows version.
Usability / UX:
- Manage Sessions window: removed redundant columns with (partial) crawl parameters; they were confusing and there is the "Crawl options" list on the side panel for that stuff.
- Start page, added "Crawl Type" and (default hidden) "Duration" columns; Manage Session forms: added "Duration" columns.
- Uniformed casing notation in translations.
- [Win] Start page and Manage Session windows, crawl sessions grids: column headers height auto-resize to fit all language translations.
- [Win] Windows setup: legal clause check boxes uniformly to ease their legibility.
- [Mac] Reviewed all windows layout to better fit translations texts and improve user experience.
- Loading tabs is now slightly quicker.
- Tabular View: minor speedup when loading data.
- [Win] Switching language is now slightly faster.
- [Mac] Crawling, displaying the text aside the blinking red dot is much faster, making the UI more responsive.
HTML suggestions and SERP snippet emulator: truncations are now computed according to most recent SERP changes.
Note: you might want to "Restore Defaults" on the HTML settings option in order to use the correct values.
- [Mac] Setup localization for PL and RU (a sentence is still missing)
- [Mac] Mac installer package: English legal clause sentence aligned to the one used in the Windows setup (semantic did not change).
- Crawling: in case of fast enough crawl processes, the upper-right dot was not blinking, and the pie chart on the right panel was not updated until the end (regression since 1.9.6).
- Tabular View: when loading filtered data (from custom filter or from a suggestion subset) total number of HTTP requests in Session panel was the number of filtered requests; now it shows the complete crawl session count.
- Data Extraction: stopping processing only reacted when something matched the selected criteria, otherwise it had no effect. Now it stops immediately.
- Links Inspector: after selecting a page from a tab with a treeview and switching back to the tab with the main link list, the current page (shown in Content and DOM side panels) did not restore - was left empty - and command "View in code" and "View in DOM" could not work for the currently selected (in the grid) page.
- Links Inspector: clicking on tree views items did not update the Content and DOM panels, and "View in Code" and "View in DOM" did no longer work (regression since 1.9.3)
- Fixed crash (regression) occurring occasionally when user closed on a tab when data were still loading from DB. Occurred to one real user (sorry about that).
- Minor fixes in texts (kilobyte symbol, still not perfect but people uses it wrongly unfortunately).
- Translations fixed, all languages.
- [Win] Session list in Start page and Manage Sessions window, grid had the (hidden) "Domain" column not selectable.
- [Win] Multi column tree view column headers did not update text at language change.
- [Win] Bing integration dialog: corrected dates to match the initial date range selection.
- [Mac] Links Inspector crashing condition: after selecting a page from a tab with a treeview and switching back to the tab with the main link list, the current page (shown in Content and DOM side panels) did not restore - was left empty - and command "View in code" and "View in DOM" could not work for the currently selected (in the grid) page, making the program crash.
- [Mac] Session grids in Start Page and Manage Sessions: column text alignments fixed (included alignment for export).
- [Mac] Several message boxes reporting common errors (e.g. missing connection, invalid credentials, and so on) resulted in a subsequent application crash.
- [Mac] Unexpected errors leading to the "Report unexpected error" window that do not needed the program to stop, did result indeed in the program to close.
- [Mac] Fixed crashing condition occasionally occurring when starting a new crawl session.
- [Mac] Fixed a potential crash that could have occurred when displaying the 3D pie chart during the crawl process.
- [Mac] Implemented missing data validations in GSC dialog when clicking OK.
- [Mac] SERP snippet, the path was not truncated and could span over an additional line.
- [Mac] Bing integration dialog: implemented missing data validation to prevent further errors and crashes; fixed several UI issues.
- [Mac] Tabular view: Export to Sitemap button did not have effect.
- [Mac] GSC search analytics panel: reload button did have effect.
- [Mac] GSC search analytics panel: when trying to get the list of sites to set query parameters, the program crashed.
- [Mac] Closing the main tab when data were loading from DB or processing could have resulted in a program crash.
- [Mac] Setup, minor text fixes.
- [Mac] Fixed crashing condition occurring when grid were updated with empty content.
- [Mac] Fixed potentially crashing conditions when closing a tab or a window.
- [Mac] Links Inspector: Main list toolbar's drop down menu items did not have effect when changing option.
- [Mac] Program link controls were highlighted on mouse hover even if disabled.
- [Mac] Links Inspector: Main list toolbar's drop down menu items, disabled items now appear disabled.
Download for Windows Version 1.9.9 (11.06 MB) Monday, August 12, 2019 Download for macOS Version 1.9.9 (47.78 MB) Monday, August 12, 2019 Deutsch, English, Español, Français, Italiano, Polski, Русский
No registration required
Installed it? Read the Getting Started tutorial.