Privacy and Cookies
The page where you can find all the mumbo-jumbo required by EU regulations, but in plain English.
- a. “aStonish”:
- aStonish Studio S.r.l. (including its representatives, employees, shareholders, officers, agents, distributors, subsidiaries and affiliates) is authorized by the Author to distribute and license the Software Visual SEO Studio to third parties;
- b. “Author”:
- the creator and copyright holder of the Software Visual SEO Studio;
- c. “Software”:
- the software Visual SEO Studio, collectively or individually, as provided in its two editions, “Community” and “Professional” (including its utilities, services and content, contained herein);
- d. “Website”:
- is referred to the website visual-seo.com (including its utilities, services and content, contained herein);
By using or consulting the present Web Site or the Software, visitors and users explicitly agree these Privacy Policies and consent to the usage of their personal data as below described.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
aStonish respects the 27th April 2016 UE Regulation n. 679/2016 (General Data Protection Regulation, or GDPR).
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person.
Here are some examples of the types of personal information aStonish may collect and how it may use it:
What personal information aStonish collects, and how it uses them
- When you register for the Professional Edition – the “complete” edition of the Software accessible through a periodical fee - aStonish may collect a variety of information, including your name, mailing address, email address.
What are collected are data necessary to correctly generate the invoice according to law regulations (name, surname, date of birth, fiscal code and/or VAT registration number, and address).
To process payments done by Credit Card and by a PayPal account, aStonish uses the payments system provider BrainTree (PayPal group) and PayPal; aStonish does not directly process, nor accesses nor stores its users' credit card details.
The e-mail address is collected in order to send the Activation Code necessary to unlock the Professional features of the product, to send the user updates about the product, usage instructions, and notifications his/her license subscription status. Also the registration for the free evaluation period is based upon the sending of an activation code and thus the e-mail address is handled in the same way also for non paying users whome registered for the evaluation period.
- Contact information you provide – like email address, organization name, organization domain name, social network profiles – when contacting aStonish may be collected to permit answering your queries and/or provide a better service.
- The personal information aStonish collects allows it to keep you posted on aStonishs’ latest product announcements, Software and updates. If you don’t want to be on aStonishs’ mailing list, you can opt out anytime by unsubscribing from the mailing list.
- aStonish also uses personal information to help create, develop, operate, deliver, and improve its products, services, content and advertising, and for loss prevention and anti-fraud purposes.
- In case of crashes or issues reported by the user, or inquires or other contact made by the User where the user provided directly or indirectly a contact detail, aStonish will use such contact details to answer your queries and/or ask for further details. In case no alternate contact details, aStonish may use the contact details used to register to the Profession edition of the software. You may not opt out of receiving these communications since they are necessary to supply the required service.
- From time to time, aStonish may use your personal information to send important notices, such as communications about renewal or purchases of additional licenses, and changes to its prices, terms, conditions, and policies. As such information is important to your interaction with aStonish, you may not opt out of receiving these communications.
- aStonish may also use personal information for internal purposes such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve aStonish products, services, utilities, Software and customer communications.
- The IP address from where the update requests from the Visual SEO Studio program are coming from is used by aStonish to detect and prevent fraud in using the software licenses (along with a "hardware signature" that permits to bind the license to single PC). Such IP address is also used to understand the users' nation and decide the language to use when communicating with them. In aggregated form the nation detected from that IP address is also used for statistical analysis aimed to improve the product and better understand the market.
Collection and Use of Non-Personal Information
aStonish also collects data in a form that does not, on its own, permit direct association with any specific individual. aStonish may collect, use, transfer, and disclose non-personal information for any purpose. The following are some examples of non-personal information that aStonish collect and how aStonish may use it:
- aStonish may collect information such as occupation, language, zip code, area code, unique device identifier, referrer URL, location, and the time zone where the Software is used so that aStonish can better understand customer behavior and improve its products, services, and advertising.
- On occasional software crashes, the software would send anonymous crash details to the website to enable aStonish know, reproduce and fix the problem. You may not opt out of sending these details.
If aStonish does combine non-personal information with personal information the combined information will be treated as personal information for as long as it remains combined.
Log files of the Web Site
Like all websites, this Web Site uses "log files" where users' visits are tracked. Gathered information could be:
- IP address
- Browser type and parameters of the device used to connect to the site;
- Internet Service Provider (ISP) name;
- date and time of the visit;
- page from where the visitor come from (referral);
Such information is treatment in automated form and collected and analyzed in aggregated form to verify the correct working of the Web Site.
None of this information is bind to the physical person or consent its identification.
For security purposes (antispam filters, firewalls, virus detection), data automatically registered might contain personal data such as the IP address, which could be used, in compliance to the current regulations, to block attempt to damage the Web Site or attempts to cause damage to other users, or other damaging or criminal activities. Such data are never used to identify and profile user, only to safeguard the Web Site and its users.
Received data is use for the sole purpose of supplying the requested service and for the duration necessary to it.
Information the users will decide to publish using the provided services and tools, are given voluntarily and in full knowledge, freeing the present site from any accountability concerning any law violation. It is the User responsibility to have permission to enter third parties personal data or content protected by national or international regulations..
GDPR updates and partially replaces previous Directive 2009/136/EC of the European Parliament and of the Council of 25 November 2009 - "Cookie Law"
aStonish uses "cookies" in conjunction with the Website/Software to obtain information. A cookie is a small data file that is transferred to your device (e.g., your phone or your computer) for record-keeping purposes. For example, a cookie could allow the Website/Software to recognize your preferred language, while another could store your preferences and other information.
Your browser may allow you to set how it handles cookies, such as declining all cookies or prompting you to decide whether to accept each cookie. But please note that some parts of the Website/Software may not work as intended or may not work at all without cookies.
When navigating this web site, so-called "technical" cookies will be served, i.e.:
- authentication cookies; session cookies not exceeding the visit duration; personalization cookies; etc.;
- cookies (so-called "analytics") used to statistically analyze accesses/visits to the web site for the sole purpose of statistics, gathering data in aggregated form.
- Other than "technical" cookies, since 2017 we also use - or plan to use - third party cookies or similar technologies (tracking pixels, web beacon, tracking URLs, etc...) which according to Italian and UE legislation impose businesses have to expose to the user an acceptance banner.
Third party cookies
Third party cookies are server by external entities, aStonish has no mean to know the technologies used nor the exact third party cookies content.
aStonish uses - or plans to use - such services for improving the website experience, better understand their visitors and users, and track more precisely e-mail and marketing campaigns. All data accessible by aStonish collected through cookies and similar technologies are anonymized and aggregated, users' privacy is preserved.
Example of third party cookies employed now or in the future are:
- cookies used by social share buttons (e.g. Facebook and Twitter)
- extended analytics profiling, to advertize to the proper audience on services like AdWords and its remarketing service, Facebook marketing, Twitter marketing and the likes.
Most browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can modify your browser setting to decline cookies by visiting, for example, the Help portion of your browser's toolbar. If you choose to decline cookies, please note that you may not be able to sign in, customize, or use some of the interactive features of the Website/Software. Please refer to your browser documentation to know how to disable its cookies support.
aStonish’s Website and/or the Software may also use other technologies with similar functionality to cookies, such as web beacons and tracking URLs to obtain Log Data about users. aStonish may also use web beacons and tracking URLs in its messages to you to determine whether you have opened a certain message or accessed a certain link.
Transfer of data in extra-EU countries
This web site might transfer some of collected data with services based outside of the European Union. Such transfer is authorized on the basis of specific decisions of the European Union and the Personal Data Authority, so no consent is required.
aStonish treats users data in a lawful and licit manner, using proper security measures aimed to prevent unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration or unauthorized deletion of the data. The processing is done with tools, modes and logics dedicated to the mentioned purposes. Other than the data controller, other internal personnel could access the data (administrative, commercial, marketing, legal, support, sys admin personnel) or external subjects (e.g. suppliers of technical service, hosting providers, IT companies, communication agencies).
Users (data subjects, according to GDPR) have the right to be informed at all times of the existence or otherwise of their personal data, to know the contents and source, verify the accuracy of the same and request the integration, erasure, updating, rectification, anonymization or blocking of data that have been processed unlawfully, as well as to object, on legitimate grounds, to their processing, and in any case they have all the rights as laid down in art. 7 of the Personal Data Protection Code.
Requests must be forwarded to the Data Controller..
Data Controller and Data Processor
The subject in charge of the processing is aStonish Studio srl, Via Luccoli 23/A, 16123 Genova, GE, Italia. You can contact aStonish using this site contact form.
No registration required