FAQs: Licenses, costs, and Editions
Questions and answers about Licenses, Costs and Editions of Visual SEO Studio.
- Is Visual SEO Studio a Free product?
- Does Visual SEO Studio "Community Edition", as a Free product, have limitations?
- How can I evaluate the 15-day Trial version?
- How can I purchase the Professional Edition license?
- How much does a Visual SEO Studio license cost?
- Can I have a discount if I purchase more licenses?
- Can I use a Visual SEO Studio license on more PCs?
- Can I move my paid license to another PC?
- Product started in Community mode, my activation code doesn't work any longer
- How to contact you for license issues?
Is Visual SEO Studio a Free product?
Visual SEO Studio comes in two flavours:
- Community Edition
It's Free. Free as in "free beer". No charge. Gratis. No matter whether you use it for personal or professional use. Enjoy it.
- Professional Edition
You can get the paid version by installing the Community Edition and selecting the "Get the Professional Edition" menu option to purchase a licence.
You can evaluate it for free for 15 days by registering the Trial version.
Does Visual SEO Studio "Community Edition", as a Free product, have limitations?
Yes. You can find more on the Editions comparison page.
The Free version will always be worth using for non-professional (and often, even professional) use.
How can I evaluate the 15-day Trial version?
Easy: you download the Community Edition, and when you launch it the first time you'll be prompted with a window offering you to register for the Trial. In case you closed it, you can always invoke it from the Help menu, with the "Register the Professional Edition trial" option.
All it takes is using your e-mail address; you will receive an Activation Code to insert at the end of the registration. As soon as you complete the registration, the installed product will switch to the Professional Edition for a period of 15 days: no limitations and all the features enabled.
The Trial evaluation period is available only once.
Please see the page How to activate the 15-day Trial version for further details.
How can I purchase the Professional Edition license?
This is detailed in the page How to Purchase a Licence.
Available payments methods are: Credit Card, PayPal, and Wire Transfer.
See also the page Pricing.
How much does a Visual SEO Studio license cost?
Please check our Pricing page. Final price may slightly vary depending on the taxation applied.
VAT applies to B2C customers in the European Union and Italian B2B customers, at the rate in force in the client's country of residence. For all other cases will only be applied a 2€ stamp duty.
Can I have a discount if I purchase more licenses?
Yes. Please contact us for details.
Can I use a Visual SEO Studio license on more PCs?
No. Visual SEO Studio license model is "per-seat", a license is valid only on a single PC.
It is bound to the specific PC "hardware signature" so cannot even work on another machine.
Can I move my paid license to another PC?
Yes, just contact us and it could be solved in a matter of minutes.
You'll be asked:
- to demonstrate you are the actual license holder or authorized by them (you might find it weird, but we have to verify it and it is not always immediate as the contacter might be a different person, using a different e-mail address, etc..)
- possibly the original license serial number (a.k.a. activation code). That would speed up the process, but if you don't find it we will be able to find it.
- the "Hardware signature" of the new PC you want to move the paid license to. You can copy-and-paste it from within Visual SEO Studio (Help menu, "About..." window).
Product started in Community mode, my activation code doesn't work any longer
If the license is still valid (check if it has not expired!) it is possible that the hardware signature of your PC has changed because of a recent configuration change. It could be you changed your hard disk, renamed the PC, or similar changes. Some major Win10 upgrades have also been reported to change the hardware signature.
If that's your case, please contact us. We will move the license to the new configuration.
How to contact you for license issues?
The simplest way is by using the built-in "Send us a message" feature accessible from within Visual SEO Studio (Help menu, option "Send us a message") so we will automatically also know your current hardware signature.
Please don't forget to supply an e-mail: if your configuration has changed we might not be able to deduct the license holder. Alternatively, please provide all details to identify you and explain your case.
please remember to provide an e-mail address so we can reply you
We will reply you via e-mail as soon as possible.
No registration required