No other SEO software gives you a full site auditing of your URL issues the way Visual SEO Studio does.
A detailed view of all the possible URL issues normally ignored by other SEO auditing tools, makes Visual SEO Studio a precious ally.
- Canonical link issues (unique feature, invaluable!)
- Canonicalized to noindex pages
- Canonicalized to HTTP issue URL
- Canonicalized to non-HTML page
- Canonicalized to non-canonical page
- Canonicalized to non-crawled URL
- Canonicalized to out-of-session URL
- Canonical and noindex
- Missing Canonical tag
- Canonical not matching URL
- Canonical not matching URL (Casing only)
- Duplicate Canonical tags
- Duplicate Canonical tags (case insensitive)
- Case sensitivity issues in URLs
- URL too long
- URL too deep
- Too many query parameters
- Too many tokens (unique feature! )
- Uppercase file names
- URL encoding cases
- ...and much more...
Keep in mind that fixing URL issues of valuable web pages already indexed by the major search engine and with existing inbound links should be handled with care in order not to lose the acquired PR, rank and inbound link juice. Always do set the proper 301 redirects!
"URL Suggestions" is available only in the Professional Edition. You can evaluate it for free for 15 days by registering the Trial version.
 There is evidence that only up to 16 words are taken into account in a link anchor text (source updated on April 2013). What has it to do with URLs? Turns out anchor texts are often made by full URLs, which are tokenized in single words up to the above mentioned limit (sources - in German - are dated 2009, and based on an old version of the previously cited article which detected the limit as 8 words, now superseded with the 16 words value).
The takeaway is supposed to be: if you want to squeeze the most of your URL in terms of anchor text juice, keep it within the first 16 tokens.
No registration required